Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Favorites

August 2014 Favorites| Vintage Beauty Detective| vintagebeautydetective.blogspot.com

I know August isn't over, but I'm so excited to get this show on the road! I haven't done much experimenting lately, which explains the small handful of products.

Matrix Biolage Thermal-Active Setting Spray $$ This stuff is fabulous! Boasting some thermal protection and a medium hold, it's a great way to counteract the heat from styling and achieve some staying power without hairspray. I use it when doing my curling iron set and with hot rollers- it gives an extra oomph of volume too. I snatched mine on clearance (see the orange tag?) at a ridiculously low price because of the outdated packaging. Check out it's new look!

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue $$$ I'm not an avid perfume wearer but I do love the citrus aroma of Light Blue! I pop on a spray now and then and feel fresh. Definitely pleased with this splurge.

Besame Lipstick in American Beauty $$ I wear a lot of red lipstick but I always get compliments when I wear a Besame lipstick. If you haven't tried their products, I highly suggest you do. At $22 it's not terribly expensive, but you definitely get bang for your buck with the lovely packaging. The texture is great and it smells a bit like chocolate to boot! They're giving free samples with any purchase so make sure to pop on over to their website!

Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum $$ I have to say so far I really enjoy this serum.Great for smoothing out pincurls when they get a little frizzed. It's very light and requires minimal product to smooth fly-aways. It'll take me forever to finish the bottle! 

Have you tried anything you just can't live without? Please let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear from you!

-Ms. Coiffeuse, The Vintage Beauty Detective

No comments:

Post a Comment